Diamond cluster rings are a type of engagement ring that features diamonds set in an ornate pattern. Traditionally, these rings were worn by women who could not afford to buy one diamond at once – they would buy the ring and then purchase the individual stones as their budget allowed.
Many people believe diamond cluster rings are tacky because they think it is too flashy or gaudy for them to wear on their fingers. The truth is that there are many beautiful styles of this type of ring available today, so you should be able to find one that suits your taste!
- What Is A Diamond Cluster Ring?
- Is a Diamond Cluster Ring Tacky?
- Why Should You Choose A Diamond Cluster Ring for Your Engagement?
- PROS and CONS of Diamond Cluster Rings
What Is A Diamond Cluster Ring?
Diamond cluster rings are basically a combination of several small diamonds. The number of smaller stones can vary from one ring to another, but the general idea is that there will be many tinier diamonds on your finger than in a traditional engagement or wedding band.
Some people find diamond clusters tacky and some think they’re beautiful! So what’s right? Here’s what you need to know about diamond cluster rings.
- Diamond clusters are a very modern, chic option that can be worn as an engagement ring or even as a wedding band. The advantage of having several smaller diamonds is that they’re much less expensive than bigger stones and the cost will reflect this in your budget for the purchase!
- Another benefit of diamond cluster rings is that they can be made much more unique since you have the freedom to choose a design with as many or few diamonds, in several different shapes and colors.
- Diamond clusters are also generally very comfortable because there’s no large stone weighing them down. They’re perfect for people who don’t normally wear jewelry but want something special on their finger for an event.
- Diamond clusters are not common at all, which makes them a very special choice to surprise your partner with – but on the other hand, they’re also unique in that you won’t see everyone else wearing one!
- Diamond cluster rings are truly unique and can say so much about the wearer! They reflect your style and personality better than any other type of engagement ring.
- People who are allergic or sensitive to some metals should be careful when choosing diamond cluster rings because the design usually means they will have contact with more metal than they’re used to. In this case, it’s best to choose a ring made from platinum or white gold instead of yellow gold.
Is a Diamond Cluster Ring Tacky?
It all depends on the person buying it and their style. Some women love them, while others think they’re tacky.
It all comes down to taste. Some people love the look of a diamond cluster ring, while others think it looks tacky. There’s no right answer here and your personal preference is going to have a big impact on what you think about this ring.
Why Should You Choose A Diamond Cluster Ring for Your Engagement?
Wondering who diamond cluster rings are ideal for? Here are some tips to help you understand better:
- Diamond Cluster Rings is a fresh new concept in the world of engagement rings. The unique design sets them apart from traditional diamond solitaires. Since they’re becoming more popular, diamond cluster rings have moved into mainstream jewelry stores and online retailers like the Blue Nile. You can now find designs that range from simple to elegant – with prices to match.
- Diamond Cluster Rings are available in a variety of colors, including yellow gold and white gold. This means you can choose the perfect color for your skin tone or ones that match up with other rings on her hand, such as an engagement ring and wedding band set. Your choice will be made easier because online retailers like the Blue Nile offer a wide selection of diamond cluster rings.
- Diamond Cluster Rings allow you to choose three or more diamonds that will be set together in the band. This gives your ring design an updated look with multiple stones instead of just one large stone. The smaller diamonds are mounted on prongs, which means they’re less likely to fall out than a bezel setting.
PROS and CONS of Diamond Cluster Rings
Diamond Cluster Rings are not as popular as solitaire rings. Many people seek out engagement diamond rings to show their love and affection towards each other.
And if you ask any woman what kind of wedding band she prefers there is a high chance that they will choose cluster or halo style.
All that said, below are some of the pros and cons of wearing diamond cluster rings:
- Diamond Cluster Rings are eye-catching.
- More sparkle because of the diamonds in a cluster setting.
- Different style from traditional diamond solitaire rings.
- Delivers a unique appearance full of texture and dimension.
- They are malleable and can be designed in different shapes.
- More affordable compared to purchasing a larger diamond stone.
- Not as popular.
- Difficult to resize in the future when necessary because diamonds may break during the process.
- Cluster rings can be difficult to clean and maintain because of the many small diamonds.
- Since they are small, the clustered diamond stones can get loose and fall out if not well maintained.
A Diamond Cluster Ring VS A Solitaire Diamond Ring
Here is how a diamond cluster ring compare to solitaire diamond rings: –
Cluster rings are often less expensive than solitaire diamond rings. This is because the setting only has to accommodate one diamond, as opposed to a solitaire ring, which has to support the weight of one larger diamond.
Style and Appearance
Cluster rings also offer more flexibility with different diamonds, giving you a chance to play around more and be creative. Whereas solitaire rings have a traditional look of one diamond inserted into a metal setting, cluster rings can be as simple or as complex as you wish.
The larger the diamond, the higher the price. A solitaire ring will often be more expensive than a cluster ring because of its weight and size.
Diamonds have a sparkle that enables the light to reflect and refract, bringing out all of its inner beauty. The more facets a diamond has, the more it can reflect light.
This is why solitaire diamonds are often brighter than clustered diamonds because they have a higher number of facets due to their large surface area.
Who Should You Purchase A Diamond Cluster Ring?
Diamond cluster rings are a good choice for couples who want to save money. They look very similar to an expensive solitaire diamond ring but you can get them at much lower prices because they have fewer diamonds than traditional engagement rings.
This is really important if your love budget is tight or does not allow spending too much money on one piece of jewelry.
Another pro of a diamond cluster ring is that you can create it in any style and color to match your personal preferences.
So, are diamond cluster rings tacky? The answer, in short, is no. At least not if you know what to look out for and how to find the diamond cluster ring that suits your unique style.
There are some important things that every shopper needs to consider before purchasing an engagement ring with diamonds on it—and this blog post has explained them in detail above.